The SBA 504 Loan Program provides long-term fixed-rate financing to small businesses for construction, purchase or renovation of facilities, or to acquire machinery and equipment. The 504 loan program is not intended to be a general business loan or operating line of credit. The proceeds cannot be used for working capital, inventory purchase, consolidating or repaying creditors.
Profile Of A Qualified 504 Loan Program Borrower
The SBA 504 Loan Program is designed for small businesses that are:
- A for profit business, organized as a Corporation, Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, Limited Liability Corporation (LLC), etc.
- Located within the United States
- A tangible net worth of less than $15 million
- Two-year average after tax profit of less than $5 million
Uses Of 504 Loan Program Funds
The 504 Loan Program provides small businesses owner(s) business development funds for the purchase of commercial real estate, equipment and improvements with low down payments and fixed-rate financing, while preserving working capital to grow the business.
- Purchase of land and new building construction; borrower must occupy at least 60% of the new building
- Purchase of land and existing building, including building renovations and improvements. Borrower must occupy at least 51% of the building purchased.
- Renovations and improvements to building currently owned
- Purchase of a building currently occupied
- Purchase of machinery and equipment with useful life greater than 10 years
Contact us to determine if your business qualifies for the 504 Loan Program. We are happy to answer all of your questions.